Friday 8 May 2009

Hi Me...

Sometimes it takes simply a chocolate bar…. Sometimes a SRK movie… Sometimes going through old mails…. Sometimes riding a bike… Sometimes going to the temple……. Lots of things to do to make me feel better, lighter and not so alone… when I am…. Alone…!!

But nothing is as good as spending time with good friends… doing nothing… or sharing sob stories… gossiping, cribbing, chai, coffee, tapri etc.

I have more than a 100 people in my orkut or gmail or any other contact list… I have got friends around the world….. Technology seems to have brought people closer… just a scrap or ping away…. How much easier can it be to connect…??
And as said… content matters more than the wrapping… all of my friends are gems… Just very fortunate to meet wonderful people at different crossroads in life and have them become an integral part of it…

Staying in a different country away from parents and family also makes me thank the telecommunications industry… you miss someone... Just call (international maybe costly… but who’s complaining :))…. Everyone is a phone call away….

And as you go to new places your friends list simply expands… and new people seep into your life…

30th November 2008, 11 pm… Waterfront, Wellington… listening to a ‘newly added’ friend recount his ‘love story’… I suddenly realized…. I’m alone… with all that technology can offer… with that very large contact list…with a whole family thinking about me and missing me for lot of occasions… I’m alone….
This is the loneliness that doesn’t go away even when I’m surrounded by people… Like a shadow it follows me around… sometimes engulfs me… sometimes makes me run…

That day however I let the feeling be… not fighting it… not pushing it away… not agonizing over it…. I let it pass….. I felt calm… like everything is settling down…
And then I was not alone… I was with ‘Me’… I could hear the little voice inside and I knew, loneliness is one more reason to connect to “You” and say “Hi Me”… :)

No comments: