Wednesday 21 May 2008

Me, my leg and....

How to break a leg…..

Walk down a road and think of something other than the road… that’s all it takes… in my case the road was empty… No… there were no vehicles or people or animals… and yet I fell… and this was no ordinary fall… as my leg finally decided to protest against all the extra kgs I make it carry around nowadays…
So spraining itself, my leg tried to put me into a very good 1 month rest, as the doctor very eagerly wanted to put plaster for a month…. I tried to protest… but I lost...
So here I was with Dynaplast, which is supposed to be a better version of the normal plaster of paris... well trust me… I have no experience with the latter but this is no good either…. There can be no good/easy/comfortable way of carrying extra luggage with you all the time….
Now patience is a virtue I do not posses and sometimes… ok most of the time impatience takes over my mind… so even though my leg is not all better… but just the fact that it granted me the permission to walk I took the liberty to start jumping around… driving my new bike.. which by the way is very heavy.. I also went for a 5 day summer camp… along with the dynaplast.. oh it was so much fun… and ya my leg was not too happy about it… but you see I had promised it that I would rest… a lot after coming back…. but when I came back I tried to do more for the leg then I should have… see I thought, my leg went into such a bad state after a simple sprain simple due the heavy load I’m subjecting it to… so I should take exercising seriously… and so I started going to the ‘Tekdi’(which is a small hill for the uninitiated).. the leg hurt… but I kept telling it that this is for your own good.. this is what would be beneficial in the long run… and I meant that…. But my leg… Just wanted to get back at me…
So one fine day… walking down the hill… simply walking… doing nothing special… I fall….
And this time my leg gave me a dose of real pain… pain… oh my god pain… it was the grandmother of all the pain I have ever felt in my life………..the…. ok ok.. I will stop... but I’m not exaggerating …it was horrible…..
And well this time my leg made sure I could move for a month at least….. So here I am… posting this blog… sitting at home… giving my leg royal massages…. Hoping that this time the rest would be enough for His Highness to grant me permission to jump around…!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

heheheeee... you broke your leg !?!?!?! buhahah !!!!!